Monday, September 8, 2008

Joseph Drouhin 2006 Moulin-a-Vent

Deep ruby color, strikes me as an unusually deep color for a Beaujolais. Smell of strawberry and raspberry, hint of vanilla oak. Tart taste of berry fruit, some alcohol warmth, just a hint of bitter tannins and oak. I read elsewhere that perhaps this will benefit from further cellaring. I find that believable.

The next day perhaps the wine had further opened and was displaying the fruit even more prominently..

I won’t buy this again for $19.99. It’s in no way a bad wine, but neither is it a good bye. I’d probably spend that much on a bottle of 2007, when it becomes available, though.

This is the last Beaujolais for now. A nice Beaujolais is always welcome, but I'll be looking at some other things in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment