Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chateau Potensac 2005 Medoc

Deep opaque reddish purple color, deep ruby in the depths.

Rich plum, black cherry, pencilbox cedar smells with a bit of mint.

Plum and prune flavors, cedar and herbs.

Good bottle for $21.99. Budget-priced Medoc was the first wine I learned to love, taught by my friend Phillippe, so this has a bit of Autumn reminiscencing for days of Spring in it. Experience (various cases of Robert Pepi Vine Hill Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon to wit) has taught that I can't adequately judge how well red wines will age, so I plan to drink this up. Shall I guess what makes up the blend? Lush Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot without a doubt, but I bet there's pedestrian Cabernet Franc in there and I wouldn't be surprised to learn of stemmy Petit Verdot and perhaps black Cot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment