Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Joseph Drouhin 2005 Cote de Beaune-Villages

Medium ruby color. Raspberry and rose smells, hints of leather. Flavors of raspberries and red cherries, trace of cranberry in the acid that well balances the fruit.

The next day I can detect no changes. I'll try to refrain from flights of organoleptic fantasy.

I ordered a $15.29 bottle of Drouhin 2005 Beaujolais-Villages. This was shipped by mistake. Lucky me! I'll treat this as the $15.29 wine it inadvertently is, in my case, and not the $24.99 wine the seller intends it to be. With that in mind, I’d gladly buy this again for $15.29, if anyone were offering.

While this isn't the product of one craftsman grower from one vineyard, demonstrating the qualities of that terroir, nor is it of awe-inspiring complexity, but this is a good honest Burgundy, and I like it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment