Monday, October 27, 2008

Sherwood Estate 2006 Marlborough Pinot Noir

My first red wine from New Zealand, but I've spent recent years drinking a basement full of older wines instead of buying much recent product, antipodean or otherwise. New Zealand Pinot Noirs have become common during those years.

The state of antipodean wine, though, is that they do love them some screwcaps. They've likewise become more common.

Medium-to-dark ruby color. Smell of leather, ripe cherry, some freshly-sharpened pencil. Cherry flavor, perhaps some plum, some dark berries.

The next day oak is a bit more evident in the flavor and ewspecially in the aroma. Because I drink a bottle over two days it makes sense to me to note differences over those days, but it's rare that a wine changes much.

I'm not in a hurry to buy this again at $15.79, but it's not an unfair price at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment